- Assistant professor
- University Graduate
Job descriptionAs an assistant professor of Legal Tech at the Faculty of Law, you will be part of a team of lawyers and criminologists who, for the next four years, will be involved in education innovation in the faculty. You will have a leading role in developing and implementing education related to the use of legal technology throughout the Bachelor's programs in Law, Notarial Law and Criminology. The development of students' legal tech skills and critical reflection of this are central to education. Alongside this, you will conduct independent research into the use of technology in legal practice and/or in innovation in legal education, with an emphasis on skills education.
- develop and provide education in the legal tech skills of Bachelor students of law, notarial law and criminology. An important part of this is critical reflection on the use of technology by lawyers
- play a leading role in the implementation of innovation in education in the faculty's bachelor programs with a focus on legal technology, including the development of a minor program
- play an active role in a team of education innovators who implement new forms of skills education in bachelor education
- conduct research into the use of technology in legal practice and/or innovation in education
- Master's or PhD degree in law with a focus on legal tech
- PhD or in the final stages of completing a Phd
- Demonstrable methodological and analytical skills relevant to legal technology
- Knowledge of and affinity with legal technology with a social relevance
- Talent and enthusiasm for innovation
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- A basic teaching qualification (BKO or an international equivalent), or willingness to obtain one
- Proficiency in both English and Dutch. Candidates who do not speak Dutch are required to gain proficiency in two years
What are we offering?A challenging position in a socially involved organization. On full-time basis the remuneration amounts to a minimum gross monthly salary of €3,746 (scale 11)
and a maximum €5,127 (scale 11), depending on your education and experience. The job profile: is based on the university job ranking system and is vacant for at least 1 FTE.
The initial employment contract will affect a period of 4 year.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment,
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus,
- solid pension scheme (ABP),
- contribution to commuting expenses,
- optional model for designing a personalized benefits package
About Vrije Universiteit AmsterdamThe ambition of Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam is clear: to contribute to a better world through outstanding education and ground-breaking research. We strive to be a university where personal development and commitment to society play a leading role. A university where people from different disciplines and backgrounds collaborate to achieve innovations and to generate new knowledge. Our teaching and research encompass the entire spectrum of academic endeavour – from the humanities, the social sciences and the natural sciences through to the life sciences and the medical sciences.
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam is home to more than 26,000 students. We employ over 4,600 individuals. The VU campus is easily accessible and located in the heart of Amsterdam’s Zuidas district, a truly inspiring environment for teaching and research.
We are an inclusive university community. Diversity is one of our most important values. We believe that engaging in international activities and welcoming students and staff from a wide variety of backgrounds enhances the quality of our education and research. We are always looking for people who can enrich our world with their own unique perspectives and experiences.
Faculty of Law
The Faculty of Law provides bachelor’s degree programmes in three main fields: Law, Notarial law and Criminology. In addition, we offer an extensive range of Master’s programmes as well as contract education. Our teaching and research focus on the social function and relevance of law: from contracts in the platform economy to the new way of working, from colonial injustice to medical liability, from family reunification to civil participation, from sex offenses to ransomware. Our research is often both international and multidisciplinary in character.
Working at the Faculty of Law means being engaged in an active and inspiring academic setting. Together with your colleagues, you will contribute to the quality of teaching and research in a challenging and rewarding working environment. More than 300 people work at the Faculty of Law, which is home to some 3,000 students.
The Faculty of Law has the space and the intention to design and implement a number of cohesive education innovations its Bachelor's programs in the coming years. The Assistant Professor will be part of a team of educational innovators that aims to modernize skills education in Bachelor's programs.
ApplicationAre you interested in this position? Please apply via the application button and upload your curriculum vitae and cover letter until 16 July 2020.
Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: Galina Cornelisse
Position: Associate Professor
No agencies Meer informatie en solliciteren