- Aurora Office Manager
- Higher Professional Education
The Aurora Universities Network of 9 societally engaged research universities is looking for an Aurora Office Manager.
FTE: 0,8 - 1
Job descriptionThe Aurora Office manager is the key - and only - administrative officer of the Aurora office, supporting the Aurora Network of Universities and its Aurora European University Alliance programme in administrative, secretarial and organisational matters.
- support the secretary general and the project director in the planning, execution and follow up of meetings of i.a. the board, the general council and institutional coordinators;
- provide administrative and operational support to the work of some of thematic groups in Aurora;
- support the secretary general and the project director in financial and other administration – this includes administration of the ECAS portal for the Aurora Alliance;
- support the secretary general and the project director in communication within the network;
- support the secretary general and the project director in evaluation and monitoring activities.
We are looking for a colleague who
- has a level of thinking and working generally achieved by people with at least a Bachelor’s degree or Higher National Diploma in applied social sciences or humanities;
- has relevant work experience that show positive indicators for the competencies below;
- is proficient in English reading, writing, speaking and listening at the level of at least B2 in the Common European Framework of languages;
- has excellent MS office skills (including Excel) and is able to work with quantitative overviews;
- has good organisational & time management skills, also under stress;
- shows intercultural competence as well as flexibility and ability to improvise
- has good interpersonal communication skills
- can work independently and is client oriented
- is dynamic and energetic and has a positive mind-set
A challenging position in a socially involved organization. On full-time basis the remuneration amounts to a minimum ross monthly salary of €2,656 and a maximum €3,548 (scale 8), depending on your education and experience. The job profile is based on the university job ranking system (Secretary 1) and is vacant for at least 0.8 FTE.
What are we offering?
The appointment will be for the duration of the European funding for the Aurora Alliance programme. Applicants currently employed by VU will be seconded to Aurora from their present position.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- contribution to commuting expenses
- a wide range of sport facilities which staff may use at a modest charge
About Vrije Universiteit AmsterdamThe ambition of Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam is clear: to contribute to a better world through outstanding education and ground-breaking research. We strive to be a university where personal development and commitment to society play a leading role. A university where people from different disciplines and backgrounds collaborate to achieve innovations and to generate new knowledge. Our teaching and research encompass the entire spectrum of academic endeavour – from the humanities, the social sciences and the natural sciences through to the life sciences and the medical sciences.
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam is home to more than 26,000 students. We employ over 4,600 individuals. The VU campus is easily accessible and located in the heart of Amsterdam’s Zuidas district, a truly inspiring environment for teaching and research.
We are an inclusive university community. Diversity is one of our most important values. We believe that engaging in international activities and welcoming students and staff from a wide variety of backgrounds enhances the quality of our education and research. We are always looking for people who can enrich our world with their own unique perspectives and experiences.
Student & Educational Affairs
The Student & Education Affairs department provides services to Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam students and staff. We are responsible for registration and de-registration of Dutch and international students, and we arrange accommodation for international students and researchers. We work on developing a distinctive educational policy. We support and evaluate teaching practice and logistics, from initial enrolment to graduation. We are also responsible for VU students who need specific forms of guidance. Our ambition is to provide excellent, transparent and efficient service to students and staff.
Working at Student & Educational Affairs means working at the heart of Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam. You will be involved in many of the university’s central processes and you will work closely with the faculties and their staff. Student & Educational Affairs employs more than 200 individuals in seven departments: Management, Student Administration (SSA), Student Counselling (CSB), Educational Policy, Quality Assurance and Process Management (OKP), International Office (IO), VU Sports Centre and Griffioen Cultural Center.
Aurora (www.aurora-network.global) was founded in 2016 as a high-trust network of universities all committed to the matching of academic excellence with societal relevance. Only one university per country/HE system can be member.
Aurora members are: VU Amsterdam, University of East Anglia, University of Aberdeen, University of Iceland, University of Duisburg-Essen, University Grenoble Alpes, University Rovira i Virgili, Innsbruck University, University of Naples.
Aurora has been selected as one of 41 European University initiatives funded by the European Commission under the Erasmus+ programme for an ambitious joint educational and institutional transformation and innovation programme.
In the Aurora Alliance, Aberdeen and Grenoble Alpes are not formally part. Palacky
University in Olomouc and the Copenhagen Business School are member of the
Alliance, but not of the network.
Aurora has a small central office hosted at VU Amsterdam with a secretary general, an
office manager, a communications officer, and the Aurora Alliance project director.
ApplicationAre you interested in this position? Please apply via the application button and upload your curriculum vitae and cover letter until 15 August 2020.
The job interviews are planned for August 25 and 27, when possible please take them into account when applying for the position.
Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: Kees Kouwenaar
Position: Secretary General Aurora
Telephone: +31 6 5111 9635
No agencies Meer informatie en solliciteren