- Full Professor of Strategic Management
FTE: 0,8 - 1
The Chair in Strategic Management is a strategic appointment to further build capacity in research and enhance the international visibility of the Department of Management & Organization. The Chair pro-actively seeks to strengthen executive education in strategy and related fields of studies, both through building and providing executive and customized programmes, while also enhancing educational quality across under-graduate, post-graduate and PhD-level programmes. Furthermore, the Chair initiates and supports valorisation activities that reinforce the societal ambitions of the school and the department.
- contributes to the Research Master program and (a part-time) PhD program as well as to the delivery of the VU Executive education.
- actively participates in the design and delivery of the Department’s Bachelor and Master programs, including courses such as Foundations of Strategic Management, Alliances and Mergers, and International Business;
- has a research background in such strategic management theories, as transaction cost economics, resource-based view, dynamic capabilities, resource dependence, institutional theory and organizational learning and change;
- contributes to the research program ‘Strategic Entrepreneurship’. The Strategic Management chair has an emphasis on strategic issues, such as business ecosystems, disruptive (digital) innovation, business model innovation, and strategic renewal behaviour;
- a strong international network, evident in joint work, invitations to address conferences, membership of editorial boards, and participation in international workshops or conferences
- able to relate effectively with practitioners, both in teaching as well as through research. He/she should be able to translate insights from research into recommendations and applications for practitioners and in executive teaching
- experience in both large- and small-group teaching. He/she should be able to teach students with various backgrounds, like MSc, MBA, MPhil, PhD, and BSc
- the candidate is an excellent lecturer, in possession of (senior) teaching qualification, with proven track record in teaching at undergraduate and graduate level
- able to lead independent original research and contribute significantly to the Department’s research programme. Specifically, the candidate should have the ability to work as part of a team, mentor junior researchers, apply for research grants, and supervise PhD students
- a PhD degree and a strong track record in research, proven by recent publications in leading international scientific journals, professional publications, and in authored or edited books with established academic publishers
What are we offering?A challenging position in a socially involved organization. On full-time basis the remuneration amounts to a minimum gross monthly salary of €5,749 (H2) and a maximum €8,371 (H2), depending on your education and experience. The job profile is based on the university job ranking system and is vacant for at least 0.8 FTE.
The initial employment contract will affect a period of 5 years, with the possibility of extension.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- solid pension scheme (ABP)
- contribution to commuting expenses
- optional model for designing a personalized benefits package
About Vrije Universiteit AmsterdamThe ambition of Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam is clear: to contribute to a better world through outstanding education and ground-breaking research. We strive to be a university where personal development and commitment to society play a leading role. A university where people from different disciplines and backgrounds collaborate to achieve innovations and to generate new knowledge. Our teaching and research encompass the entire spectrum of academic endeavour – from the humanities, the social sciences and the natural sciences through to the life sciences and the medical sciences.
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam is home to more than 26,000 students. We employ over 4,600 individuals. The VU campus is easily accessible and located in the heart of Amsterdam’s Zuidas district, a truly inspiring environment for teaching and research.
We are an inclusive university community. Diversity is one of our most important values. We believe that engaging in international activities and welcoming students and staff from a wide variety of backgrounds enhances the quality of our education and research. We are always looking for people who can enrich our world with their own unique perspectives and experiences.
School of Business and Economics
The School of Business and Economics (SBE) provides high-quality education and excellent research in business administration and economics with a focus on contributing to the social, economic and ecological challenges of our time. Whether it is the use of robots in society or big data, labour market participation or flexibility in the labour market, traffic jams or the housing market, flash crashes in the stock market or choice behaviour in gambling, leadership or change management: we believe in goal-oriented scientific research and understand that progress in academics, the business community and society is achieved through cooperation, openness and social responsibility.
At SBE, all of our highly-motivated colleagues work together closely in a stimulating, dynamic and international environment to achieve our collective goal of encouraging society to make informed choices. Approximately 4,200 Bachelor’s and Master’s students and 1,700 executive students are enrolled at the School, and employs roughly 500 people.
About the department Management & Organization
Management & Organization is one of the largest departments of the SBE. Its mission is to lead scholarly and practitioner conversations on the topic of organisation and organizing in the globalized world. The department is organized around four sections: Strategy and Organization, Entrepreneurship, HRM/OB and Management Consulting. At the department of Management & Organization, research and teaching are seen as mutually supportive. We strive for excellence in research by making a strong contribution to international scholarly debates. At the same time, we stimulate innovative and progressive teaching methods and close interaction with our students. Members of our department have a strong track record in research by publishing regularly in leading journals such as Academy of Management Journal, Academy of Management Review, Journal of Applied Psychology, Journal of Management Studies, and Organization Science. The Department has a collaborative ethos with staff actively working together on research projects and papers. Our group is highly diverse in terms of cultural backgrounds and we enjoy working in an international environment. The group has a high international visibility with many members holding visiting professorships at leading business schools worldwide.
ApplicationAre you interested in this position? Please apply via the application button and upload your curriculum vitae and cover letter until 30 August 2020.
Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: Prof dr S. Khapova
Position: Head of department
No agencies Meer informatie en solliciteren