- Temporary Assistant Professor in scalable blockchain technology
FTE: 0.8 - 1
Job descriptionYour work will be to do scientific research aiming to develop a new scalable high performance blockchain model that is able to support high throughput of logistics information. The work is part of the research project “Secure scalable policy-enforced distributed data processing” , which is a collaboration between CWI, the University of Amsterdam, and the VU. The project is funded by NWO through its “Big Data Real-time ICT for Logistics” program.
- perform the scientific research on the given project described above
- help supervising PhD students
- help with educational activities, in particular supervision of Bachelor and Master students
- A PhD degree in Computer Science
- detailed knowledge and research experience with the implementation (rather than just usage) of blockchain technology, especially scalability aspects, resource-limited implementations, and high performance (cryptographic) primitives for accelerators
- you have a strong publication list
- you have experience with experimental and empirical research
- you have strong communication and cooperation skills, and ability to work in a team
- you have an excellent command of the English language
What are we offering?A challenging position in a socially involved organization. On full-time basis the remuneration amounts to a minimum gross monthly salary of €3,746 (scale 11)
and a maximum €5,127 (scale 11), depending on your education and experience. The job profile: is based on the university job ranking system and is vacant for at least 0.8 FTE.
The initial employment contract will affect a period of Undetermined periode, with the possibility of extension.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance
- 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- Solid pension scheme (ABP)
About Vrije Universiteit AmsterdamThe ambition of Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam is clear: to contribute to a better world through outstanding education and ground-breaking research. We strive to be a university where personal development and commitment to society play a leading role. A university where people from different disciplines and backgrounds collaborate to achieve innovations and to generate new knowledge. Our teaching and research encompass the entire spectrum of academic endeavour – from the humanities, the social sciences and the natural sciences through to the life sciences and the medical sciences.
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam is home to more than 26,000 students. We employ over 4,600 individuals. The VU campus is easily accessible and located in the heart of Amsterdam’s Zuidas district, a truly inspiring environment for teaching and research.
We are an inclusive university community. Diversity is one of our most important values. We believe that engaging in international activities and welcoming students and staff from a wide variety of backgrounds enhances the quality of our education and research. We are always looking for people who can enrich our world with their own unique perspectives and experiences.
The Faculty of Science
The Faculty of Science inspires researchers and students to find sustainable solutions for complex societal issues. From forest fires to big data, from obesity to medicines and from molecules to the moon: our teaching and research programmes cover the full spectrum of the natural sciences. We share knowledge and experience with leading research institutes and industries, both here in the Netherlands and abroad.
Working at the Faculty of Science means working with students, PhD candidates and researchers, all with a clear focus on their field and a broad view of the world. We employ more than 1,250 staff members, and we are home to around 6,000 students.
ApplicationAre you interested in this position? Please apply via the application button and upload your curriculum vitae and cover letter until September 3, 2020.
Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: Henri Bal
Position: Full professor
No agencies Meer informatie en solliciteren