- Several positions for Assistant/Associate/Full professors of Operations Research/Operations Management
FTE: 0.8 - 1
We seek new colleagues who can contribute to building and extending the department’s reputation for excellence in research and teaching. Our research aims at having impact, evidenced by publications in top international academic journals and collaborations with companies. Our teaching portfolio involves a variety of quantitative courses at bachelor, master and Ph.D. level and thesis supervision.
- doing innovative research and publishing this research in internationally leading journals
- creating a stimulating learning environment for students at all levels (B.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D.)
- being active in acquiring additional research funds, both individually and together with your colleagues
- depending on your experience, contributing to the management of the department or school
RequirementsWe are looking for candidates with
- a solid background in quantitative research
- having a (nearly) completed PhD thesis in Operations Management, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Management Science or related fields
- a strong interest in analyzing and modelling real-life problems in logistics and operations using state-of-the-art quantitative methods witnessed by international scientific publications
- good teaching and communication skills to interact successfully with students, industry, and academic partners
- proficiency in English
What are we offering?We offer challenging positions in an international and ambitious research group.
Depending on the candidates’ merits and career stage, the positions may be filled as (tenured) assistant professor, associate professor or full professor. The initial employment contract for assistant professors will be for a period of 6 years, with the possibility of obtaining a permanent position (tenure). In case of excellent performance, earlier tenure decisions are possible. For associate and full professors tailored contracts will be agreed upon.
Gross monthly salaries are based on qualifications and experience and are set in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement of the Dutch Universities.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- considerable employer’s contribution to the ABP pension scheme
- contribution to commuting expenses
- optional model for designing a personalized benefits package
- a relocation allowance
- you may also be eligible for a favorable tax ruling for high-skilled expats (the socalled 30% ruling), which means that 30% of the salary is free of taxes, resulting in a higher net salary
About Vrije Universiteit AmsterdamThe ambition of Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam is clear: to contribute to a better world through outstanding education and ground-breaking research. We strive to be a university where personal development and commitment to society play a leading role. A university where people from different disciplines and backgrounds collaborate to achieve innovations and to generate new knowledge. Our teaching and research encompass the entire spectrum of academic endeavour – from the humanities, the social sciences and the natural sciences through to the life sciences and the medical sciences.
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam is home to more than 26,000 students. We employ over 4,600 individuals. The VU campus is easily accessible and located in the heart of Amsterdam’s Zuidas district, a truly inspiring environment for teaching and research.
We are an inclusive university community. Diversity is one of our most important values. We believe that engaging in international activities and welcoming students and staff from a wide variety of backgrounds enhances the quality of our education and research. We are always looking for people who can enrich our world with their own unique perspectives and experiences.
School of Business and Economics
The School of Business and Economics (SBE) provides high-quality education and excellent research in business administration and economics with a focus on contributing to the social, economic and ecological challenges of our time. Whether it is the use of robots in society or big data, labour market participation or flexibility in the labour market, traffic jams or the housing market, flash crashes in the stock market or choice behaviour in gambling, leadership or change management: we believe in goal-oriented scientific research and understand that progress in academics, the business community and society is achieved through cooperation, openness and social responsibility.
At SBE, all of our highly-motivated colleagues work together closely in a stimulating, dynamic and international environment to achieve our collective goal of encouraging society to make informed choices. Approximately 4,200 Bachelor’s and Master’s students and 1,700 executive students are enrolled at the School, and employs roughly 500 people.
ApplicationAre you interested in this position? Please apply via the application button and upload your your motivation letter, curriculum vitae, list of publications, and a research and teaching statement until 17 January 2021.
Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: Prof. Dr. Wout Dullaert
Position: Head of departement of Operations Analytics
No agencies Meer informatie en solliciteren