- Relocation Officer for Academics
- Higher Professional Education
Job descriptionYou will support our new international academics in their journey to Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, and make sure to relieve them of certain concerns before and after their arrival. In this position you are the first point of contact, providing customized advice to senior researchers coming from abroad. At the same time you will develop new services, and improve and further develop the set of existing support services.
- being the first point of contact during the recruitment and onboarding process to deliver customized advice
- giving advice and support on how to find accommodation (together with colleagues of the accommodation team)
- support on arranging immigration- and other formal procedures (together with colleagues of the immigration team)
- providing support in family matters, such as: partner/spouse support, searching for relevant schools & childcare
- providing information about Dutch culture and language
- informing about work conditions and employee benefits (together with colleagues of the HRM Servicedesk)
- providing advice on personal financial situations such as insurances, tax and 30% ruling, pension, etc., (together with colleagues of the financial department)
- analysing, improving and expanding our services for international staff
- completed education at HBO level
- at least 2 years of experience with supporting international employees coming from abroad
- a strong service-oriented, proactive and welcoming attitude
- strong intercultural communication skills are a must
- good communicating skills in English (verbal and in writing), preferably also in Dutch
What are we offering?A challenging position in a socially involved organization. On full-time basis the remuneration amounts to a minimum gross monthly salary of €2.656,- and a maximum €3.548,- depending on your education and experience. The function is ranked as ‘medewerker internationalisering 3’ within the function classification system used by VU (UFO) with the salary rank 8 that system. The position is vacant for 0.5 FTE.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- solid pension scheme (ABP)
- contribution to commuting expenses
- discounts on collective insurances (healthcare- and car insurance)
About Vrije Universiteit AmsterdamThe ambition of Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam is clear: to contribute to a better world through outstanding education and ground-breaking research. We strive to be a university where personal development and commitment to society play a leading role. A university where people from different disciplines and backgrounds collaborate to achieve innovations and to generate new knowledge. Our teaching and research encompass the entire spectrum of academic endeavour – from the humanities, the social sciences and the natural sciences through to the life sciences and the medical sciences.
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam is home to more than 26,000 students. We employ over 4,600 individuals. The VU campus is easily accessible and located in the heart of Amsterdam’s Zuidas district, a truly inspiring environment for teaching and research.
We are an inclusive university community. Diversity is one of our most important values. We believe that engaging in international activities and welcoming students and staff from a wide variety of backgrounds enhances the quality of our education and research. We are always looking for people who can enrich our world with their own unique perspectives and experiences.
Student & Educational Affairs
The Student & Education Affairs department provides services to Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam students and staff. We are responsible for registration and de-registration of Dutch and international students, and we arrange accommodation for international students and researchers. We work on developing a distinctive educational policy. We support and evaluate teaching practice and logistics, from initial enrolment to graduation. We are also responsible for VU students who need specific forms of guidance. Our ambition is to provide excellent, transparent and efficient service to students and staff.
Working at Student & Educational Affairs means working at the heart of Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam. You will be involved in many of the university’s central processes and you will work closely with the faculties and their staff. Student & Educational Affairs employs more than 200 individuals in seven departments: Management, Student Administration (SSA), Student Counselling (CSB), Educational Policy, Quality Assurance and Process Management (OKP), International Office (IO), VU Sports Centre and Griffioen Cultural Center.
VU’s International Office drafts VU’s international strategy, advises board and faculties on matters of internationalization, and offers international services to students and staff.
VU’s IO is a centralized office in which all support for internationalization is concentrated. This includes international marketing, international student recruitment and admissions, housing and immigration support for students and staff, international student exchange, organization of VU’s Summerschool and Semester abroad program, international staff and PhD recruitment, International research and capacity building projects, international policy and business development. The office currently hosts 75 employees.
ApplicationAre you interested in this position? Please apply via the application button and upload your curriculum vitae and cover letter until November 26, 2020.
Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: Wytske Siegersma
Position: Relocation Manager
No agencies Meer informatie en solliciteren